With 6 docks, a 1,600-m pier and more than 180 qualified employees, we offer our customers exceptionally substantial and versatile capabilities. At our shared site in “Kaiserhafen” in Bremerhaven, we work closely with our partners German Ship Repair and MWB Power within our group. Our cooperation has created an powerful centre of expertise.
The strong force in ship repair.
In Bremerhaven everything comes together.
Bremerhaven is the largest city on the German North Sea coast. This is not only the home of one the busiest European container terminals. At the same time Bremerhaven is the most important German port for cruise travel, the largest producer of frozen foods in Europe and the continental hub for vehicle handling. Not to mention the long tradition in shipbuilding.
Bremerhaven's location by the sea and the combination of short distances, clear structures and high growth potential make "the City by the Sea" a maritime centre in various fields.
Here, German Dry Docks has access to a unique network of more than a hundred trades, which are relevant for ship building. Mechanical engineers or saddlers, electronics specialists, artisans or carpenters − all experts are available in Bremerhaven. At the same time, our resources within the German Dry Docks Group can be accessed flexibly if needed. Our customers profit from a great degree of flexibility and high level of performance.
Docking plan, data and facts
D1DRY DOCK I
DRY DOCK I / KAISERDOCK I
- Length: 222 m
- Width of lower/upper entrance: 26/32 m
- Water depth over keel blocks: 10 m
- Gantry crane: 35/5t – 13/45 m
D2 DRY DOCK II
DRY DOCK II / KAISERDOCK II
- Length: 335 m
- Width of lower/upper entrance: 35/40 m
- Water depth over keel blocks: 11 m
- Gantry crane: 50/20 t – 31/60 m and
35/8 t – 13/45 m
D3 FLOATING DOCK III
FLOATING DOCK III
- Length: 281 m
- Width of lower/upper entrance: 38/38 m
- Water depth over keel blocks: 7 m
- Lifting capacity: 35,000 t
- Gantry crane: 60/27 t – 17.6/37.5 m and
15 t – 21.75 m and
10/7.5 t – 14/21.75 m and
15/12 t – 14/21.75 m
D4 FLOATING DOCK IV
FLOATING DOCK IV
- Length: 147 m
- Width of lower/upper entrance: 21/21 m
- Water depth over keel blocks: 6.5 m
- Lifting capacity: 7,200 t
- Gantry crane: 60/15 t – 15/36 m
D5FLOATING DOCK V
FLOATING DOCK V
- Length overall: 215 m
- Width overall: 44 m
- Available clear width: 35 m
- Lifting capacity: 20,000 t
- Crane capacity: 25 t/30 m
D6FLOATING DOCK VI
FLOATING DOCK VI
- Length overall: 162.52 m
- Width overall: 31.30 m
- Available clear width: 24 m
- Lifting capacity: 8,000 t
- Crane capacity: 5 t and 6.5 t
FLIGHT OVER THE DOCKS
REPAIR- AND OUTFITTING-QUAY
All kind of mobile cranes on request.
FLOATING CRANE BHV ATHLET